The Chaffee County Coordinated Election will be held Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
Who participates in the Coordinated election?
The entities that have given the county formal notice of their intent to participate in the Coordinated Election are:
- City of Salida
- Salida School District
- Buena Vista School District
- Colorado Mountain College
Some important dates to remember:
- July 23, 2021 (Friday) - If a political subdivision has taken formal action to participate in the Coordinated Election, it must notify the county clerk in writing.
- August 4, 2021 Wednesday) - First day a candidate for the office of school district director may circulate a nomination petition.
- August 24, 2021 (August) - Deadline for the county clerk and coordinating political subdivisions to sign intergovernmental agreements for the 2021 Coordinated election.
- August 27, 2021 (Friday) - Last day for candidates for the office of school district director to file a nomination petition.
- September 3, 2021 (Friday) - Last day for major political parties to provide an adequate list of election judges to the county clerk. If an adequate list is not provided, the county clerk must report this to the Secretary of State.
- September 3, 2021 (Friday) - Last day for the designated election official from each political subdivision that intends to conduct an election to certify the ballot content. The certification must be delivered to the county clerk and recorder of each county that has territory within the political subdivision.
- September 17, 2021 (Friday) - Last day to file pro/con comments pertaining to local ballot issues with the designated election official in order to be included in the ballot issue notice. (By noon the Friday before the 45th day before the election.)
- September 18, 2021 (Saturday) - The clerk and recorder sends ballots out to all military and overseas electors.
- September 20, 2021 (Monday) - Last day for the designated election official to deliver ballot issue notices to the county clerk.
- September 28, 2021 (Tuesday) - Last day for the county clerks to provide a list of election judges, including political party affiliations, if known, to each appointing party.
- October 1, 2021 (Friday) - Last day for the county clerk to mail notice of election for ballot issues. (TABOR/Blue Books)
- October 11, 2021 (Monday) - First day the county clerk can mail ballots to voters.
- October 25, 2021 (Monday) - Minimum number of Vote Centers open.
- November 2, 2021 (Tuesday) - Coordinated Election Day - (Polls open 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
- November 10, 2021 (Wednesday) - Last day for an elector to cure signature discrepancy or missing signature, or to provide missing ID.
- November 12, 2021 (Friday) - County must finish tabulating all in-person and accepted mail ballots cast by voters registered in the county. Immediately after completing this tabulating, the county must also generate a summary results report, a results file export suitable for uploading for the Secretary of State’s Election Night Reporting System.
- November 12, 2021 (Friday) - Deadline for Secretary of State to notify the counties of the ballots selected to be audited.
- November 23, 2021 (Tuesday) - Deadline for County audit board to sign, date, and submit to the Secretary of State a report of the results of the risk limiting audit. (The audit board is made up of designees from the political parties and representatives of the coordinating entities.)
- November 24, 2021 (Wednesday) - Last day to complete the canvass and submit official abstract of votes cast for the Coordinated Election to the Secretary of State. (The canvass board is made up of designees from the political parties and representatives of the coordinating entities.)
What are Chaffee County's Voter Registration Counts?
As of July 19, 2021
|TOTAL Voter Registrations||15,650|