Driver's License Office
The Driver’s License Office is operated by the State of Colorado and is located at 448 E 1st Street, Room #210, Salida and can be reached by phone at 719-539-2802.
Change of Address on Vehicle Registration
- Only the owners of the vehicle can change the registration address.
- License plate numbers for each vehicle that needs to be updated must be provided.
- Changes can be completed in-person or by mail. View the checklist.
Sales Tax is collected based on the purchase price and where the buyer and seller are located. If sales tax has been collected in another county or state, a receipt must be provided as proof of payment.
- 2.9 % State Tax of purchase price
- 2.5 % County Tax
- 2% Poncha Springs City Tax
- 2.5% Buena Vista City Tax
- 3% Salida City Tax